Vote for Castle Building & Remodeling as your favorite remodeler (page 6 of the survey), email us to let us know, and we’ll enter you in an additional drawing for a $50 Target Gift Card!
PROJECT FEATURE –
Tudor Craftsman Kitchen Remodel w/ Opening to Dining Room
This 1926 Tudor home not only needed a larger kitchen, but the homeowners wanted to find a way to open it up to the dining room without losing cabinet or countertop space.
Expanding the kitchen with a 4’ x 6’ addition allowed for significantly more cabinet space, as well as an eat-in dining area. All new custom Alder cabinetry was designed to take advantage of every square foot of space. A unique tile backsplash configuration accents Soapstone countertops and stainless steel appliances. A durable and playful Marmoleum floor provides a perfect contrast to the cabinetry and countertops, as well as the classic wide Oak casings and baseboards.
Castle also created an enlarged opening to the dining room that brings the kitchen and dining spaces together without sacrificing functionality.
5 Reasons Recycled Glass Countertops are an Excellent Choice!
1. Customizable – Recycled glass countertops are created via made-to-order slabs, meaning you’ll get a one-of-a-kind work of art! Say, for example, you find a style you like but you want 30% more blue… they can do that!
2. Eco-friendly – These countertops end up being about 80 to 85% recycled material, most of which is glass that could not be recycled otherwise and would have gone straight to a landfill.
3. Local – Most of the glass used for Recycled Glass Countertops comes from our Twin Cities community. Plus, our two preferred vendors Dakota Surfaces and Element Surfaces are local companies so your business helps support the local economy.
4. Healthy – These two brands are made with zero VOC binder, so you can breathe easy knowing you’re not putting harmful chemicals in your home.
5. Easy to Take Care of – Recycled Glass Countertops are maintenance free and no sealing required.